WE'RE HIRING FOR A SHOPKEEPER
As a Shopkeeper, you are a friendly, self-motivated, and team-oriented person who is passionate about plants and people. You are adaptable and thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment in the retail space. You are a team player with a keen understanding of exceptional customer service, while also managing essential tasks.
- Greeting and assisting customers in the shop in a friendly and sincere way
- Provide excellent customer care and strive to create a safe and welcoming space for everyone
- Answer questions and provide individualized styling and plant care guidance and recommendations
- Daily tasks such as cleaning, restocking, and general plant care and maintenance
- Encourage community engagement and customer retention through the use of shop social media, customer satisfaction surveys, driving email capture, and customer loyalty initiatives
- Receiving and processing orders, shipments, and deliveries
- Familiar with the Botanical Bar brand and style with a working knowledge of our products
- Develop expertise in operating the point of sale system (Shopify), handling all transactions accurately, and navigate basic troubleshooting
- Accurately open and close the shop as an effective and responsible key holder
- At least one year of experience in retail, hospitality, or customer service setting
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and good at prioritizing and multitasking
- Friendly, approachable, and welcoming personality
- Ability to lift/carry up to 50lbs
- Ability to receive constructive criticism and feedback and a willingness to grow and learn
- Must have strong communication skills and be comfortable asking for help when needed.
- Must work with a sense of urgency
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude at all times
- Passionate about plants and loves The Botanical Bar!
- Schedule Requirements
- Weekend availability (both Saturday and Sunday)
- Comfortable with a fixed schedule
- Part-time hours: 15-20 hours/week
To apply, please submit your current resume with a brief cover letter in the body of your email to email@example.com. In your cover letter, please answer the following questions.
- Why do you want to work at The Botanical Bar? What makes you a good fit?
- What is your favorite houseplant and why?
- Share your experience/journey with houseplants.
- Links to your social media profiles.
APPLICATIONS MISSING ANY OF THE ABOVE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED
The Botanical Bar is committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming environment for everyone. People of color and LGBTQ+ people are encouraged to apply. The Botanical Bar does not discriminate based on race, color, sex, gender identity, religion, age, sexual orientation, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability.